[NSRCA-discussion] Radio Compartment Wiring

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue May 22 07:56:40 AKDT 2007

Bear, Russell wrote:

> I think I know the answer, just wanted to get some other opinions.  Can
> the servo / battery leads be bundled together inside the radio
> compartment to tidy things up a bit?  As long as the antenna wire is
> away from any power source is the main concern correct?

I've seen some very neatly bundled wiring in various
planes--most recently looking at a TOC style plane
at Toledo.

The only concern I'd have is making sure that the
system you use doesn't place or allow strain on the
wires.  It seems to me that tying the wires too
tightly might cause something to wear or disconnect.

Of course, leaving long wires flopping around could
have the same effect on a system, I imagine.

"Let your conscience be your guide."  :o)

				Marty