[NSRCA-discussion] D-1 Spring warm-up contest

Jim Quinn jaqfly at prodigy.net
Sun May 20 20:48:33 AKDT 2007

Cold?

  Joe, it was freezing! I couldn't find enough clothes to put on. On the other hand I had a really warm heart seeing so many of the great  D1 pilots. I judged three of the four new sequences and flew the fourth. I was impressed with the flow of maneuvers from Sportsman to Masters.

  With regard to Rick Wallace as CD, did you expect anything less? We are so lucky to have Rick as our D1 VP. Beyond being a great aerobatic pilot and an excellent CD, he is just an all around super guy.

  Now Hamburg can't come fast enough.

  Thanks to you Rick and all the pilots who made May 19 so much fun.

  Jim Quinn

jzeigenfus at comcast.net wrote:
    I'd like to thank Rick Wallace and his club for hosting a 1 day spring warm up for D-1 yesterday. 22 pilots, some for their first contest and 8 masters pilots. They had their own line. 4 rounds completed on an unusually cold day in May even for NJ. The one day contest worked out well and all had a good time. Thanks again Rick.
  Joe Z.