[NSRCA-discussion] Glasses

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Sat May 12 15:47:21 AKDT 2007

Nat -
lots of personal preference on this.

I like prefer w/ polarized sunglasses. My prescription is a little finicky, and I haven't had the guts to spend the $$ on 'different seeming' prescrip sunglasses. - so best solution for me is to fly w/ my regular glasses and add sunglasses over them.

I've tried lots of fitover types of sunglasses, and am now using - and liking a lot -- Foster Grant polarized clipons. They come in gray or brown, are less than $10 a pair, and they introduce NO optical perceptible distortion. Brown is good for hazy days and seems to give a slightly brighter image than the gray, which are great on really bright days.

A couple of days each year, when conditions are just wrong, the polarization will make some clouds look REALLY bright, but in a minute or two I stop noticing it.

As for TX screens - just rotate the transmitter (or your head) about 90 degrees - clockwise or counterclockwise... and the screen will be clearly readable w/ the glasses.

From: natpenton at centurytel.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Sat, 12 May 2007 13:55:37 -0600Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Glasses

I need to acquire new prescription sunglasses. Do I want polarized lenses ?? If only one pair what tint ?? Can I get by with just one tint ?       Thanks     Nat