[NSRCA-discussion] Bad day at the field...lookingfor agood plane

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu May 10 17:34:45 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 5/10/2007 8:20:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
precisionaero at comcast.net writes:

Well, if it makes you feel better (for me), I was out at the field the other
day and was again flying terrible!  I was coming in on a crosswind and busted
a prop on a bouncy landing.  I didn't have another prop, but even if I did, I
was disgusted with my flying and packed it up to go home.  While cleaning my
H-stab, it moved!  Not a little, but a lot.  So, looks like I can blame the
poor flying on something else.  Not sure what is worn that badly, I had to go to
Grand Prairie, TX before I could pull the stab off to see what allows it to
move like a Hip-Hop female singer.....

Plug-in stabs will work loose over time unless the sockets are secured well
to begin with during construction. Wet power exacerbates and accelerates the
problem (vibration). Since most models are ARFies anymore, you never know what
you gonna get in this crucial area.

If that's your problem, the fix is straight forward. Squeeze some Pro-Bond
around the socket using a hypodermic syrringe with about a #16 needle. It's easy
to penetrate the wood sheeting with the needle.

One of the reasons why I no longer build my models with plug in stabs
(....when I get to build that is!)

MattK