[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA contrubution to nationals

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Wed May 2 10:07:27 AKDT 2007

Eric
A very good analysis of what happens. It appears that you have finally
outlined the problem which makes it impossible to assure that the cost of  the
Nat's is what it is.

I was in business for forty years and thoroughly understand the situation.
In the several cases where this type of accounting was discovered in my
company, most ended up as being self serving to those involved.

In one case I discovered that members of my accounting staff and their
friends and familles had taken a Caribbean cruse and billed it as a business
meeting and charged the cost to an unrelated on going project that resulted in
project cost over runs.
In this case they got greedy and got caught when these over runs were
audited. This was a typical case of the lack of adequate accounting practices  with
checks and balances that serves to keep the fox out of the  hen house.

I am not suggesting that this is the case with AMA accounting, only  pointing
out the need for adequate rules of accounting and checks and balances  that
will provide the information that the membership requires and  deserves.

Thanks for providing the information that provides the NSRCA portion  of the
facts of the situation.

Buddy