[NSRCA-discussion] Muncie's reason to exist

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Tue May 1 15:23:52 AKDT 2007

between the membership dues, sanction fees, NATS participation fees ($40 per member per event they fly in!) advertising in Model Aviation and income from the DVD, credit card program and such... there's really no excuse for the AMA to have a financial problem ever.  THEN add all the donations....

I see no problem with the NATS on thier own running at a deficit and Membership dues supporting that event.  Thats part of the original purpose of the AMA... to organize and hold the annual national competitions.

I do see a problem when the NATS use contestant/volunteer judging and lot of volunbteer labor and still can't break even on $40 per contestant...  Clubs MAKE A PROFIT on contests when charging $20 per entrant.

Someone is doing something wrong somewhere.  Thats the only possible explaination for the NATS comming out $25k in the red.  And raising entry fees won't cure it.  Its sounding to me like its time for an audit.