[NSRCA-discussion] Rule 8.1.1

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Tue May 1 05:12:36 AKDT 2007

Joe:
That is not easy.  Some events need a lot of support.  Take Control Line
Speed or R/C Pylon.  They have to have nets in place for speed and pylons
and lots of workers for R/C racing.  The cost for equipment, equipment
maintenance and workers is much higher than that of, say Free Flight.  They
don't want/need anything other than open space!  Currently, all Nats events
are charged a basic fee from AMA HQ of $40.  This is all that AMA gets and
must provide the flying site, equipment and manpower to the SIG to set up
the field to run the event.  Each SIG runs their portion of the NATS.  They
add to the AMA fee the amount that they need in order to operate the event.
For pattern, this would include paying for the Event Director and his hotel
and transportation for the event, scoring, site directors, line chiefs, and
it goes on.  NSRCA decides this number and it is added to the AMA cost for a
total.  This year, it is $100.

Tony Stillman, President

Radio South

3702 N. Pace Blvd