[NSRCA-discussion] Focus II Landing Gear crack

Ryan Smith smaragdz at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 11 14:59:33 AKST 2007

Bob,

The white colored gear on the Focus II is made of Fiberglass tow to the best
of my knowledge. You can get replacement gear legs from Piedmont and I
believe that they will have replacement gear legs made of a very lightweight
aluminum.

I would shy away from the Bolly gear because it moves the axles too far back
for this airplane, thus making it all too easy to nose over. I know Bolly
makes a Suhhoi type gear, and you may very well have luck with that, however
I can HIGHLY recommend ES Composites' gear from Central if no other options
particularly appeal to you. If you want to pop for a 60 some odd dollar set
of gear legs for that airplane that didn't cost that much to begin with go
for it, however I don't think it would be worth it. Just some thoughts.

Ryan

  _____