[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Fri Mar 2 09:09:47 AKST 2007

Hi Vince,
I find hiding the overall geometry by flying too large for the closeness to be as just as objectionable (or maybe moreso)  as flying too far out to see the details like wingtip wiggles etc.
Usually, the pilot who does this gives me plenty of 60 degree box-top violations to work with. In addition, they tend to fly poor overall geometries as well, because they can't see them!
The lemming-march to fly painfully close has dominated more than just a few nationals over the years and with the help of hidsight I can now point and laugh. At the time it was frustrating ...
Comments anybody else?
Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer