[NSRCA-discussion] Aspera, small electric pattern plane

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Mar 2 05:12:09 AKST 2007

Joe,

  It is a heavier aircraft than the EF Extra, but then the Extra is a 3D plane where the Aspera is not. Larger battery and higher wattage. Overall the plane is larger than the EF Extra (much longer). For practicing pattern, there is no comparison between the Extra and the Aspera, IMHO. I have both.

  The prototype I have uses larger aluminum landing gear, where the production model has carbon fiber gear. I'm not sure how the weight will compare.

  Bob R.

Joe Lachowski <jlachow at hotmail.com> wrote:
      P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Sounds a little on the heavy side considering my Extreme Flight Extra 300 is about 10+ ozs or so lighter and 400 sq ins.