[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Thu Mar 1 12:39:31 AKST 2007

There's half-points... and while at FAI the half point doesn't go on a score sheet... I still count them, and round down before putting the score on the sheet.  9.5 becomes 9  7.5 becomes 7.  In your example.. he's going to have 3 or 4 half-points off for missing the points by appx 10 deg.  That puts him to an 8. (with no other errors)

And again... the original said (paraphrased) "I can see a point, but can't see deviation from the 90 deg incrimental orientations"  Thats NOT downgradable.  If its off from the 90 enough to downgrade, you will see it.  You're trying to compare apples and elephants.  If you see the point happened and don't see the point being off orientation... you have given no reason for downgrade.  Its a 10.

You can SEE the wings being more than 5 deg off level...  If you can see it... its worth a half point downgrade at least.  the knife is a little harder to see being off, especially when its centered.

If you are consistant... you can count tenths of a point errors if you want... then round according to your own method for a score that meets the whole point or half point incriments that get put on the sheet.