[NSRCA-discussion] Spins, was Judging Question

jonlowe at aol.com jonlowe at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 06:27:32 AKST 2007

Ok, since you mentioned spins, and I know this is a little off the
original topic, why do airplanes recover from spins with aileron input
faster than just with rudder and elevator? My Black Magic, Aggressor,
and Arresti III all exhibit this behavior.  They recover almost
instantly if I leave aileron in, but take about 1/4 turn or a little
more to recover if I don't.

Jon