[NSRCA-discussion] Taxing

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:57:09 AKDT 2007

Well on takeoff if you taxi you risk the motor loading up and quiting.  On landing the motor could quit on taxiing and someone would still have to pick it up. It is a safety issue, as well. I 've seen planes get out of control just taxiing. Then of course, there is wear and tear on the airframe, especially wheels and wheel pants. I'm sure there are other reasons.

From: lightfoot at sc.rr.comTo: NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:51:00 -0400Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Taxing

Why, in competitions, does the caller carry the plane to the line for TO and retrieve it for landing? Why not taxi?

Jay Marshall