[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: Electric Weight Proposal LogicandRationale

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Jun 21 15:33:52 AKDT 2007

It's not true that the "playing field" is even if both are weighed
with full fuel.  As soon as the non-electric airplane started using
fuel, it would be lighter than the electric airplane and would be so
for the entire flight.

I actually like the last argument (weigh both without fuel or tank),
but it might be difficult to apply, since a lot of fuel tanks are
hard to get to.

Ron Van Putte