[NSRCA-discussion] Canopy/Hatch Latch

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jun 18 12:57:07 AKDT 2007

Jerry,
I've used the Graupner 8066 on about 8 or 9 planes with great success until
my most current plane (Genesis). Canopy blew off on the 1st flight. On my
second flight, I put a piece of tape behind the actuating lever so it
couldn't move without removing the tape and all was well. On the 3rd flight,
no tape and the canopy blew off again. Best I can figure is that there was
enough torsional movement on the canopy to work the pin back. The only thing
I can say against the latch is that the spring is kind of weak, but other
than that, it's very high quality. Unfortunately, there's no way I can
figure to take it apart to change the spring. My Genesis canopy now has a
4-40 where the latch used to be.....

Verne