[NSRCA-discussion] Nats registration

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 17:58:50 AKDT 2007

I agree with both Mark, Keith and Archie.  But lets look at another analogy.

  A higher level pilot flies the reverse golfball, and audibly states "that sucked" while the newer pilot in the back goes "Wow that was beautiful"

  Who was right??  Probably the pilot who realizes his first push was too sharp, didn't center the roll on the line, made an egg on the loop at the bottom and while doing that moved in 20 yards, the up line was too flat, used a different roll rate on the second 1/2 roll, missed the cross and the exit radius was too relaxed in comparison to the entry radius.

  Everyone is right, experience is the key.

  Ed

Archie Stafford <rcpattern at stx.rr.com> wrote:

    v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I will agree with Keith and Mark
best analogy I can give is like in sports, guys say the “game slows down” after they figure things out..Same as in pattern.  Things happen so quickly in the upper classes you have to be watching at all times, and don’t have time to think “did I just see that?”  on a nasty windy day I’ve watched my scores get hit because of wind correction. One judge sees it correctly, but more times than not the one with less experience notices the plane rather than and track and their brain says “that can’t be right.  You can sit through all the judging seminars in the world, but until the knowledge is applied, it doesn’t matter.  Doesn’t matter what class they fly.  I know guys that are average pilots that are incredible judges, because they’ve done
 it before.  No one is as good a judge as the first flight they see as their 500th.  Just doesn’t happen.  If that was the case, then why worry about which judges we send to the world team trials..why not just give everyone a written test and who ever scores the highest must be the best
.you guys know that isn’t true, that is why we have the software that evaluates judges.  I would be interested to see the results of that software with guys who are judging their first nats and see where they rank among judges.

  Arch