[NSRCA-discussion] Are these E-Meter readings OK

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Sat Jul 28 17:06:12 AKDT 2007

I have been noticing increased Mah consumption on flights recently.  I used
to routinely use 3300 Mah or so for a Masters routine plus a couple of
additional maneuvers.  Lately it seemed to be in the upper 3's and today I
hit 4100 Mah.  The weather is a bit warmer but not real hot today.  Flights
are about 9 min +/- 1 min.  In addition the packs seem to be getting hotter.
Today they were 140's.  Motor was cool however, under 90 where I could get a
reading.  These are Falcon F3A packs.  5000 Mah or so running a Hacker C50
14 XL and APC 22x12, Jeti acro 90 controller.

Today I attached the Hyperion E-Meter and obtained the following readings at
full throttle 75.8 amps, 2500 something watts, and 32 something volts. (I
lost the held readings)

When new with the same size prop my numbers were 70.9 amps, 33.81 volts and
2399 watts.

The plane still has plenty of power.  Are those numbers still in the range
of normal?  Is this increase of 5 amps at full throttle normal, too high, or
am I just flying at high throttle more than I was?

Thanks,

Stuart Chale