[NSRCA-discussion] NATS advanced question

Dave Lockhart davel322 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 28 07:48:00 AKDT 2007

Del,

The NATs were traditionally a 6 round contest..extra rounds are a bonus.

At the NATs in 2005, all the FAI contestants were polled...and the vote was
pretty close to unamimous to go with a 4 round prelims, 2 round semis, and
then the 4 round finals.

Additional rounds/flying are being flown for Masters and FAI to more
accurately determine the winner.

Position A - the NATs is better if more flights are completed.

Position B - the NATs is better if the format is tailored to more accurately
pick the best pilot as the winner in each class.

If you want the NATs to be biased towards a social event with the most
flying in the least time, vote for Position A.  If you prioritize the best
pilot being selected as the National Champion, vote for Position B.

I think if you participate in the NATs and get involved (or aware) with the
details, I doubt you'd have the same conclusions.

Regards,

Dave

  _____