[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Masters Sequence for 2009/2010

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 13:29:34 AKDT 2007

I'm going to choose my words very carefully, so bear with me.  When
someone becomes an officer, thru election, of an organization such as
NSRCA, one of the things the members expect them to do is to represent
their interests and will, and abide by it  In this case the members
interests and will were known and published.  Regardless of their
INTENT, the PERCEPTION is that certain people in executive positions in
NSRCA submitted or signed a proposal  to AMA directly counter to the
will and expectations of the membership, regarding TOs and landings.
Was this legal according to AMA?  Yes.  Was it proper given their
status in NSRCA?  We all have our opinions.  Many hold officers to a
higher standard, and expect them to put their own interests aside while
officers.  Perceptions, good or bad, can quickly become reality.

I think Derek K. is doing the right thing relooking at the proposed
sequence for 2009, and trying to establish what the will of the CURRENT
NSRCA membership is.  2 years have passed, and things may have changed.
  Look at the shorter sequences for FAI as an example.  Look a how long
it takes to fly a round of FAI and masters at a local contest.  I
believe he and the board will respond to the will of the membership.
If the membership still wants the older pattern, so be it.

The thing we also have to remember is that even if the NSRCA board
submits exactly what we as members agree on to AMA, any AMA member can
submit something to AMA to be considered by the committee for
aerobatics.  I looked at the membership of that committee last nite in
the latest issue of Model Aviation (this info is not online at the AMA
site; why, I don't know).  Most are prominent members of NSRCA.  John
Fuqua, Lance, Derek K. are on it, just to name a few.  Once the issue
is before them as AMA district reps to that board, we need to let them
know how we want them to vote on ALL of the issues before them, as AMA
members, not NSRCA members.  AND we need to make sure they VOTE.  This
has not always been the case in the past.

Jon Lowe