[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA politics

seefo at san.rr.com seefo at san.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 11:14:06 AKDT 2007

Understand.. this is ONLY my point of view. I am not trying to force
it upon anyone..

I used to be the President of IMAC, so I understand how hard it can be
to lead an organization like this, and one thing I learned is you
cannot please everyone, and not will you drive yourself crazy trying
to do so, but you'll do a disservice to the rest of the people in your
organization.

That said.. I DO think when you hold office within the org, that you
must give up your own personal opinions to some extent in favor of
what your membership has charged you to do.

I think people need to remember this is a hobby. No matter how
passionate about it they become, none of this has any bearing upon the
real world. Nobody lives or dies based upon the decisions of the
NSRCA, and last I checked, nobody was putting food on the table as a
result of being in office. This is something these people do because
they want to, because they enjoy this sport and want to help sustain
it. People make mistakes (I know I certainly did when I ran IMAC), but
give them a break. Better still.. if you REALLY feel someone is
screwing things up so badly, step up to the plate and join the
leadership and try it yourself! Put your money where your mouth is.

-Doug