[NSRCA-discussion] all this talk of sequences - Sportsman question

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Thu Jul 26 13:52:43 AKDT 2007

Many Sportsman pilots have trouble dealing with crosswinds, particularly the
crosswind that blows in. Pilots in other classes have trouble with it too,
to varying degrees including yours truly. The breaks are to let the
Sportsman pilots regroup and get a safe distance out before continuing. My
experience as a judge is that most need it at one time or another. The
presumption is that the Sportsman-level pilot hasn't yet developed the
rudder skills needed to deal with a crosswind.

Verne