[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Masters Sequence for 2009/2010

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 03:50:17 AKDT 2007

In a message dated 7/25/2007 10:29:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
derekkoopowitz at gmail.com writes:

We'd like to get your opinion on the sequence that was selected in 2005 and
the new schedule that was created by the sequence committee to address the
issues that were raised by a number of pilots.

As one who will have to move up from advanced to Masters after next year, I
really like the new sequence.  It has manuevers that can be done by most, but
are tricky to get 10's on, such as the 1/2 clover and the hourglass.

The biggest problem currently is the advanced to masters jump; believe me, it
is intimidating.  The advanced sequence fails to teach a few things critical
to the current or future masters, chiefly inverted entrances and exits.  There
are none in the current sequence, and there is only one in the current
intermediate (which I never flew), yet there are about 8 in the current and future
masters sequences. There really needs to be one or two in the advanced
sequence.   As a result, I've been playing around with a couple of minor mods to the
current advanced sequence to put a couple in, such as a 1/2 roll in the rolling
triangle instead of a full roll, with no roll up (or maybe a full roll up) on
the stall turn that follows.  When I get done, I will post here to get
feedback.

Jon Lowe