[NSRCA-discussion] Nats Final Scores

Dave Lockhart davel322 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 17:23:15 AKDT 2007

To echo / add to Verne's comments -

- The average prop most certainly was less diameter and more pitch.

- I think more guys are now running higher KV motors (ie, 13XL vs 14XL)
which generally results in higher prop RPM.

- For the guys running Castle stuff...the software has continued to improve
yielding some combination of more RPM, less amps (higher voltage which then
yields more RPM), or bigger props at the same RPM without increasing amps.

- Some setups remained the same with the addition of 20C lipos vs older 13C
lipos (20C having more voltage under load equaling more RPM at the prop).

I do know the TP Prolites (13C) were still being used by many - presumably
because these packs still have the best energy density and many have seen
100+ cycles from them with little or no drop in performance.

Less visible, but perhaps a contributor, is simply the added experience of
the electric flyers - knowing when/where to use how much/little throttle to
improve overall efficiency of the system.  I've found with my setups that
some very subtle differences in throttle management can result in no visible
difference in flight performance but substantial differences in mah used per
flight.

Regards,

Dave