[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel Line Pressure

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Jul 20 19:20:41 AKDT 2007

You can use a U tube manometer, easy to make. I made a simple one to set the pressure on the propane regulator on my RV. Rather than describe it here, go to my website:

  http://www.toprudder.com/rv/extendastay.html

  Scroll down, the third picture is the manometer.

  Now, what the pressure should be for different engines, I have no idea. I also don't know off the top of my head the conversion factor to convert PSI to inches of water, though it should be easy to figure out. Its late, so I'll leave that up to you. :-) For the YS engines that pressurize the tank, you might need a very tall U tube.

  This might be a very good way to make initial adjustments on Perry pumps.

  Bob R.

Jay Marshall <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:
                Does anyone know what the nominal fuel line pressures are in .45 – 1.60 size engines is? Is there a known source for a measuring gauge?

  Jay Marshall