[NSRCA-discussion] New Prestige Flight

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 17 05:40:14 AKDT 2007

RE Electric Prestiges -

2006 NATs, my Prestige was 10 lbs flat on the NATs scale - Hacker A60, CC85HV, TP5300, 2xTP2s1p480s and Ed Alt Vregs.

This year, I expect my A60 (updated version) Prestige with several changes will hit the scale at about 10 lbs 3 oz......and I expect the same weight on the #2 Prestige which is identical with the exception of a Neu 1515.

Ken Velez also has an A60 Prestige that should be ~10 lbs 4 oz w/ TP4600s.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart

From: Bob Richards <bob at toprudder.com>

RCSkyraidr at aol.com wrote:
I am glad that I didn't opt to go electric and make the airplane weigh 11 pounds. I don't think it would have been as happy at that weight as it now seems to be at 9.5. Still, there are many e-Prestiges out there doing well but do they also float through the pattern as my glow does. Would like to know for future decisions.
Frank,

FWIW, 9.5 lbs empty, add fuel, then how much does it weigh? Close to 11 lbs. The difference in takeoff weight between glow and electric are not that much different.

Bob R.