[NSRCA-discussion] 90 size pattern plane

Jim Alberico alberji at charter.net
Sat Jul 14 18:09:19 AKDT 2007

Thanks, Fred.

Lots of good tips.  I've absolutely no experience with Pitts-style mufflers,
so I never would have expected problems.

I took the earlier O.S. suggestion to heart, as I've had good experience
with 'em.  At the moment, I'm considering a slight budget stretch to the 120
AX over the 91 FX.  It's supposed to have appx the same footprint of the 91,
and comes with a muffler extension and a 90-deg adapter for it (probably
won't need).  I've read several positives about this engine powering the
Showtime.

I'm not sure of all the practical implications of FX vs AX, but I see the FX
has a much, much higher RPM spec.

Nothing is ordered yet, so anything is still possible.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Showtime for several reasons, and it looks
like one of the O.S.'s.

Jim