[NSRCA-discussion] ZDZ 40RE F3A

Dennis cone.man at verizon.net
Fri Jul 6 09:49:13 AKDT 2007

I bought one as soon as they hit the shore. I have bench tested it and it
runs great. It is now installed in an Aeroslave Symphony. Painted, with all
gear installed in the fuselage, ES pipe, 21X10 PT prop, carbon fiber
spinner, Hyde Mount, minus Wings or stabs, it weighs in at 7lbs 11oz. It
should be well under the limit when fully assembled. I think to keep it
light one must look to a kit that is light to begin with. I do not think you
will find a lighter, stiffer fuselage on the market than the Aeroslave kits.
If course you have to build it yourself. Unfortunately work has kept me from
getting it finished (stabs need to be covered). As soon as there is time it
will get finished and flown. I intend to write a review for the K-Factor so
watch for it in the dist. eight column.

Also if you go to RCUniverse, Dick Hansen has been testing the same motor
for a while now with good results. He is currently building a plane to put
it in that is newer than his test plane. It is in the pattern forum.

Dennis Cone

  _____