[NSRCA-discussion] Was "contest" Small Contest Idea

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at sgmservice.com
Thu Jul 5 16:56:55 AKDT 2007

Del,

You and Terry continue to state that a "rule" has been broken and have gone
so far as to insinuate that there are possible dire consequences that could
be levied by the AMA. I have searched and cannot find any such reference in
the rule book or in any documentation I have ever received as a CD. Could
you or Terry please enlighten the rest of us where this may be found.

The rule book does state that the CD should announce at the beginning of the
contest the number of rounds to be flown. When those EXACT number of rounds
have been flown, the contest is complete. Section 9 of the Rules state:

9. Number of flights. At the beginning of a contest, before any flying is
done, the CD shall announce the number of flights that will be flown. This
number should be reasonably determined based upon the number of contestants
and the time available. Once this number has been announced, this is the
exact number of flights that should be flown. The winners in each class will
be the contestants who are ahead when this number of flights is finished.
Fewer flights may be flown if weather conditions cause some loss of flying
time during the contest. Contest officials shall make every reasonable
effort to ensure that all contestants receive equal opportunity to fly.

I look forward to the appropriate reference because as a CD I certainly
wouldn't want to be punished by the AMA, heaven forbid!!

Gene Maurice

gene.mauirce at sgmservice.com

Plano, Texas

AMA 3408 NSRCA 877