[NSRCA-discussion] Trimming Question

Tim Taylor timsautopro at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 17:43:22 AKDT 2007

The fact the "feel" is correct most likely means you are like me and find it easier to "pull" the stick than "push" it. If you video taped your fingers I'd be willing to bet you'd find your pushing it way less than you think you are. So the throws being doubled would be understandable.

Rick Rosinski <rickrosinski at hotmail.com> wrote:      I have a trimming question for you guys. A couple of days ago I was checking the amount of control throws on my first Black Magic V2 so that when I set up my backup plane I'd have a ballpark setting to start with. The ailerons and rudder were about what I expected, but the elevator was 5 degrees of up throw and 10 degrees of down throw. The wing incidence is set per the plans and the CG is at the leading edge of the wing tube with the wings off. The airplane has the same feel when I add up or down elevator. Inverted flight requires a little down elevator. Basically the airplane feels just right.

I'm wondering what you guys think I should do to correct the differential in up and down elevator throw? I was thinking that I may have a little too much positive incidence in the stab. Any suggestions?

Rick