[NSRCA-discussion] too far now "missed point".

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 04:50:16 AKDT 2007

The rule book is specific on MISSED POINTS in?POINT ROLLS, when?the?Pt Roll?is the?whole maneuver flown.

I don't remember reading anything specific on Missed Points when?a Point Roll was an ELEMENT in another maneuver. That could be because the severe downgrade applies in either case. The argument could be made that the wrong ELEMENT was done and hence a zero is warranted.

However, I think there is a reason why the rule book does not specifically call such things out, (and make no mistake, we have many places where Pt Rolls are elements in other maneuvers). I believe the intent is to have a single rule that applies equally whether the point roll is an element or the whole maneuver

MattK