[NSRCA-discussion] Chapter-5 Going too far now "missed point".

Doug Cronkhite seefo at san.rr.com
Sun Jul 1 18:27:53 AKDT 2007

One other thing..

If you use the FAI rule book as an example, on page 34 under section
5B.4.6, they give as an example the following:

"A 4-point roll is started late and ends up slightly off-centre, and the
third point is not visible. 10 - 1 - 6 = 3."

So they deducted 6 points for the missed point. Why not 5? What made
this missed point worse than any other missed point?

Deduction criteria for geometry and such (which this falls into) needs
to be absolute, and without wiggle room such as the well known 1 point
per 15 degrees of deviation.

-Doug