[NSRCA-discussion] Soft mount for OS .46AX?

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Jan 30 07:51:26 AKST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:18:02 -0500
"Dean Pappas" <d.pappas at kodeos.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
> It's quite light, and the Sport-Tabs mount is even lighter.
> The rubber bits attach to four small aluminum tabs that tighten under
> the backplate screws. These two mounts and the Sullivan backplate are
> probably the ones we should first be recommending to Sport folk when
> they say they want to get quiet without spending big bucks.

Dean, thanks for putting me onto that Dave Brown mount.  I had seen his
rail type vibration mounts, but that Vibra Damp beam / Sport beam looks
like just the thing.  The tab mount looks interesting, but I like the
beam mount better.  For the archives, this is the mount:

http://www.dbproducts.com/store/vdbm.htm

I really enjoy the quality of Dave Brown's products as well - every time
I see someone at the field futzing with their fuel pump, I just pat my
Six shooter and grin (and then of course offer them some fuel...)

Bob, that is a very generous offer and I appreciate it.  Since Dean's
post just reminded me that Tower and Central are not necessarily the
authoritative sources of what's available R/C wise I checked Sullivan's
page directly and the Flex-Mount I'm using is still available (S275):

http://www.sullivanproducts.com/MotorMountsMainFrame.htm

Thanks again guys!

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com