[NSRCA-discussion] January K-Factor is Up

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Jan 20 12:17:29 AKST 2007

JonLowe at aol.com wrote:

> Apparently the notification of Paypal payment has been going to the
> webmaster instead of the secretary in some cases.

No.  All PayPal payment notices have gone only to secretary at nsrca.org,
the main address registered with PayPal.

 > Jim told me this had
> affected several people.

A man tried to pay for his father.  He received the same receipt
you did.  I did not know that the receipts said that moleski at canisius.edu
had received the money.  This was false.

No payments ever came to me.

No payment notices ever came to me.

I was in PayPal's boilerplate because some time over the years,
they decided that the person listed as Customer Support would
be listed in the receipt.  Instead of saying that this is
the Customer Support address, their templates say that the
Customer Support address received the payment.

> I also stand corrected regarding where the Paypal payment has been
> going.  It is going to the right place, but the webmaster's name has
> been on the email coming from Paypal, at least in some cases.  I
> apologize to Marty for misunderstanding what was happening, and I
> definitely wasn't accusing him of anything.

Thanks.  The other person did make accusations.  Since
I did not know about what PayPal was doing with the
"Customer Service" address, I could not understand the
other person's confusion.

> Thinking aloud for the moment; I wonder if it would make sense to
> decouple the renewal dates from when new officers take over by a month
> or so, so they can get their feet on the ground before renewal hits
> them.  Probably take a constitution change to do so.  This year is
> probably unusual since we had a complete changeover of officers in a
> single year.

Ed Hartley also resigned as webmaster around the same time.

It was something of a perfect storm, I guess.

				Marty