[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 14mz and compact flash card

Ed Miller edbon85 at charter.net
Wed Jan 17 06:22:31 AKST 2007

When first powering up the TX, it asks if you want to transmit or not, I do
98% of the programming while not transmitting. The power consumption is due
to having the backlight on so you can see the screen while programming.
None of this is a problem, recently I switched my Focus2 which had a 9Z and
R319DPS rx to the 14mz and R5014DPS rx.  I had to write down all the values
I had in the 9Z and manually input them into the 14mz.  After that, flying
the plane is required to get things back to exactly where they were.  A
recent trip to the field I did 7 - 12 minute flights on the Focus 2 and
minor programming to tweak things between each flight and the TX registered
60% battery still left.  Futaba says you can fly down to 25% battery
capacity, I've decided 45 to 50% is as low as I'll go before changing to my
second battery.
I like the new technology and feel so much I just purchased a 12z also for
my non pattern planes.  So my faithful, trusty synthesized 9Z Tx that was
used exclusively for pattern flying is for sale.
Ed M.