[NSRCA-discussion] Engine choice for an iroginal Compensator kit?

Rusty rdose at wi.rr.com
Sun Jan 14 12:28:02 AKST 2007

NSRCA List Readers,

I have just received a kit I have wanted since I was a boy-  Southern R/C Compensator, an original kit in the original box!  (E-bay)

Each year I build at least one model that I wanted but couldn't afford as a youth.  It is my intention to build as "original" as possible.  I have secured a set of brand new in the box Southern R/C/Pro-line retracts and would like suggestions as to which motor to use...preferably from the era.

Notwithstanding the listing of brand-names...I believe that Mecoa sells new HP engines.  A Webra or Super Tiger Blue head would be fine.  What about those flow-thru mufflers?

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Performance