[NSRCA-discussion] Sunglasses

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Jan 12 11:19:29 AKST 2007

Like several have already stated, it is a matter of personal preference.

  Don't use polarized glasses for flying RC. The polarization does strange things that make the orientation of the plane confusing sometimes.

  For low light conditions (setting sun, or dark overcast) I like the yellow lenses, similar to "shooters glasses". It increases the contrast dramatically. At other times I like the "blue blocker" types, depending on the color of my plane.

  One thing not usually mentioned in a discussion about sunglasses, it is possible to pick a lens color that works well with a particular paint scheme to increase contrast. For instance, rose or red lens sunglasses will increase the contrast of a plane with a red/blue color scheme. The red will not get darker, but the blue will look almost black. It also makes the blue sky look darker, which makes your plane stand out more.

  You may want to take a good color picture of your plane, and look at it through different lenses to see which one you prefer.

  Bob R.

"J.Oddino" <joddino at socal.rr.com> wrote:
          Now that I don't need prescription sunglasses (cataract fix) I'm looking at options.  I've read where rose colored lenses are supposed to offer the best contrast.  Any opinions, experiences, etc.?

  Jim O