[NSRCA-discussion] Sunglasses

Rex LESHER trexlesh at msn.com
Fri Jan 12 10:17:24 AKST 2007

Jim

It's been my experience that this has a lot to do with personal preference.  It's not the same for every one...   Rose colored  lenses got their
fame from snow skiing.  That color works well when you have a fairly solid background that is light in color.  If you look at the snow, you can
see all the humps and bumps, but you look up at the trees and they are somewhat blah....  Same thing with looking at your plane in the sky.
Depending on the colors on it, it may have really good contrast to the sky, but have a dull look to the point you can't see the wings very well.
Again, this is dependent on "your" eyes....   My best advice is to go to some ski shop or sports store that has SMITH sunglasses.  They have glasses
that come with all the different color lenses that just snap in and out.  You probably won't like the style of the frames, but it will allow you to
check out which colors would work for you, without the expense....
I use the Smith glasses when I need something other than my normal Serengettis.  I use either the yellow, or vermillion lens, depending on how dark
or varied the cloud density is...  I have the rose lenses, but only use them when I ski.....

Rex