[NSRCA-discussion] Controll Systems

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Thu Jan 11 18:08:47 AKST 2007

I'm probably the originator of the .070 carbon-dep system - about 86. Carbon/balsa fuses and kevlar/balsa fuses , are poor combinations, and I'm still using them. Both systems are vulnerable to temp and/or humidity changes and are a pain. Since I've been doing this since 86 I must be a slow learner. No slop but sometimes a trim change every hour.

With balsa fuses, for elev, I plan to go (back) to a balsa dowell pushrod and use a crossover ( MK, or custom ? ) just in front of the stab. Not sure how to handle the rudder, two small hard balsa dowells ? I've had undue kevlar tension ruin two DS8411sa servos on an electric.                              Nat