[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-Pull

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Wed Jan 10 06:18:41 AKST 2007

Tensioner... servo mounted on sliding tray (we should al remember how to do
that from doing elevons without computer mixing... CF tubes instead of the
old nyrod on wire inherant slop should dissapear.) with a spring to pull the
servo in the opposed direction to the pull-pull wires.  (simplest
mechanicly... not sure if its the lightest)

You could play with the idea...

Run pull-pull back to a free pulley that is pulled by the tensioner spring,
taking the side load off the servo.  Slightly more complex and adds the
weight of the pulley, but should reduce servo wear.

If you like having a bellcrank to adjust travel relationshoip between servo
and pull-pull... mount the bellcrank on the sliding servo tray.