[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-Pull

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Jan 10 04:38:41 AKST 2007

Not all planes have push-pull elevators. I've had planes with all pull-pull tail surfaces.

  But, there are a few reasons why elevators would be setup with push-pull. Seperate servos (much smaller ones) can easily be mounted in the tail. Having seperate servos allows easy travel adjustment (travel matching) through the radio programming, and also allows redundancy on this critical control.

  The rudder requires more torque -- heavier servo -- and it might be a design consideration (balance) to keep the weight of the heavier servo closer to the CG.

  Personally, I like pull-pull and would prefer it in my models.

  JMHO.

  Bob R.

Jay Marshall <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:
  Why are rudder controls pull-pull and elevator controls push-pull?

Jay Marshall