[NSRCA-discussion] Small Models ... goodforthefutureofthePattern Event?

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 16:14:15 AKST 2007

A twin set-up has much to offer and is worth investment (invention and money)
to get the technical side perfected. However, electric twins are not as
straight forward as one might think at first glance. Sure, the powerplants will
allow more latitude than wet power, and counter rotation is a cinch in a twin
that has two nacelles. The key ingredient is too much weight for the kind of
"pattern performance" Dave is alluding to.

Contra rotating twin props on a common axis is more of a technical challenge
and weight is still a key issue.

Once we figure out how to curb the weight issue, this will become reality.
Put on your thinking caps and have at it. If one can build/buy a complete
airframe that weighs in at around 3 1/2 lbs, then it's doable with minimal/no
invention required.

MattK

In a message dated 1/6/2007 7:17:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,