[NSRCA-discussion] Aileron servo arm size and resolution?

Kelly Regan kelly.regan2 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 05:25:50 AKST 2007

Dave and Fred,

Just a little more info on how I try and set up the planes...

I always adjust the linkages so I have near zero sub trim and 0
radio trim.   I always try to give the servo's the best mechanical
advantage possible and still get the throw I need.

I have read the trimming guide published by Peter Goldsmith in the
AMA mag last year and try to follow that when setting up my planes.

I was at almost the full servo throw - 45 degree's on the ailerons.  If
I go to the outside hole of the round wheel that should give me aprox.
35 degree rotation in each direction. that will give me some room
for a higher rate condition for snap, spins if I need it.

--

Kelly Regan
www.reganbrothers.com