[NSRCA-discussion] Header Brace

Dr. Mike Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 2 08:15:21 AKST 2007

Claude
Where did you get the 50 Oxalys?
Mike
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Claude Weimer
  To: NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
  Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 10:15 PM
  Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Header Brace

  I used the Hatori header last season and did not have any problems with it coming loose. I have heard and read of problems on this forum so I bought two of the braces Central sells. The braces I bought from Central must be for a header different than the ones I have, because mine does not have all the holes around the flange. I am building an Impulse and I may have not put a brace on the header, except I have a 50 size Oxalys with the smaller size Hatori header and muffler and header and it came loose on this plane. I really do not like to deal with things coming loose so I decided to do something about it.

  I know I am making a short story long so I will get to the point. I made my own brace that is cheap, light, and easy to make. I used some 1/2 x 1/16 aluminum strap I bought at Lowes and a couple bolts. So I thought I would shear it with the forum.

  Claude Weimer