[NSRCA-discussion] Paypal Donations / Auxiliary Payments

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Mon Jan 1 07:21:51 AKST 2007

Eddie Batchelor wrote:

> Thanks Martin

You're welcome.

> That's a quick enough response.

To the Dues (Europe) problem, yes.

I'd like to have a whole new system some day.

For Renewals
============

1. login

2. check & update (as needed) your own records in the database
(class being flown, for instance)

3. pay with PayPal

4. get database updated immediately upon confirmation from
PayPal that payment has been received.

New Members
===========

1. Fill out registration form
2. PayPal
3. PayPal confirmation causes entry of data into database
4. User password either accepted or generated by the site.
5. Nearly-instant access to the website.

This would be more "modern" and would reduce the workload
on the Secretary and others who maintain the database by
hand.  People are accustomed to getting nearly-instant
access as soon as they pay; the lag time between sending
payment and getting confirmation from the Secretary
can produce frustrations on both sides.

It's a stretch, too.  I'm climbing the learning curve with PHP
and MySQL.  In the last few months, I've learned how to install
and configure:

1. linux
2. WordPress (blog)
3. PHP-Nuke (content management system--CMS)
4. Joomla (CMS)
5. MySQL (database)
6. Apache (web server)
7. PHP (server-side scripting language)
8. Perl (server-side CGI language)
9. DokuWiki (wiki CMS)
10. Gallery (photo CMS)

My .css skills have improved, too.

Folks who want to look at the demos can go here:
http://moleski.net/dokuwiki/doku.php

				Marty