[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Wed Feb 28 12:29:20 AKST 2007

Hi,
It's not wrong, but it isn't a requirement either. It has nice pacing, though ...

I have seen very "fluid" point rolls that still had that "click" at each point, and of course, fluid point rolls that never really stopped.
One is absolutely non-downgradeable and the other has missing elements.
On the other hand,
I have seen point rolls that were "banged" from one point to the next but the pilot never "locked up" the point as he was still searching for the 90 degree angle for a half second or so after the point was supposed to be demonstrated.

When conducting a judging class, I suggest that you look/listen for the "click" as the pilot hits the point. It can happen in fluid rolls just as well as in the rolls with discrete points. If a pilot executes the "click" it only takes a tenth of a second to demonstrate a good point.

Dean P

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer
Kodeos Communications