[NSRCA-discussion] Phoenix Contest

Archie Stafford rcpattern at stx.rr.com
Sun Feb 25 18:39:49 AKST 2007

Well, for everyone who didn't make Phoenix, I can tell you it was a
wonderful week.  Weather was great for most of it.  Thanks to the Sun Valley
Fliers and Rusty Fried for the great contest.  Also want to thank Dave
Guerin for all of his help, and I'm sure many will agree. Rusty Dose for
letting me use his airplanes, even though we lost his new Focus this morning
due to a battery issue..so he then offers me his brand new Zeque.  Troy
Newman and wife Jenny for letting me stay with them all week.  I'm really
glad I was able to make it out.  I had to bail a few minutes early to catch
my flight back to Del Rio in my boss' K35 Bonanza.  I will let some one else
post the scores, but I know how the top in Masters and FAI turned out.
Masters and FAI were dogfights all weekend.  I think Masters ended up with
the 3 of us at the top within 8 or 10 normalized points, and FAI was the
same way.  Brett Wickizer is going to be a FORCE in FAI.  Every day as the
week progressed he flew better and better and was a definite force by the
weekend.  Troy was flying great with his new Oxai Astral and he flew his
Adventure Bipe as well.  Mark Leesburg showed up and and flew Saturday
afternoon, and Jason Krause did some great heli flights as the week went on.

The new Oxai Zeque is IMPRESSIVE!!!  The plane flies amazing and presents
just as well.  Anyone flying these at the NATS this year should be
penalized, its just not fair.

Anyway, just a few observations, now I've got to go unpack.

Tough having a contest in late Feb.:-)

Masters
Arch Stafford
Jerry Budd