[NSRCA-discussion] SPECKTRUM Modules for Futaba and JR

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Feb 23 05:03:20 AKST 2007

Don,

  That is my thoughts as well. However, I don't know that I would want to extend the stock antenna with the Spektrum antenna operating, I can only imagine what that might do to the radiation pattern.

  Bob R.

AtwoodDon at aol.com wrote:
        Looking at the way the Spectrum antenna is supposed to mount, why couldn't you just make a plastic ring/sleeve that would snap over the tip of the fully collapsed 9Z antenna and slide the Spectrum into that ring/sleeve.  That way, the original configuration is not disturbed at all.

  Having flown a DX7, I was uncomfortable with the way the transmitter hung from the neckstrap.  To me it seemed very 'bottom heavy' without the normal antenna somewhat counter balancing it. Some may choose to leave the old antenna in place and extend it to fly for balance purposes.  Not a big thing but it was noticeable to me.

  Don