[NSRCA-discussion] Xtreme Link

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Tue Feb 13 07:16:53 AKST 2007

Guys:
AMA does NOT test equipment with the idea of "APPROVING" it!  That is what
the FCC is for!  If the equipment meets FCC rules, then AMA does not any
grounds to disallow its usage.  It is a good idea for manufacturers to
contact AMA and let them know what the product is and how it works.  There
is also a standing committee that is comprised of radio manufacturers who
advise AMA about equipment and how it affects the AMA membership.

If equipment is used for other than what the manufacturer recommends, then
it is very probable that the AMA as well as club insurance is void in that
instance.  For example, using a park flier radio in a large model and flying
out of range and crashing...  Just like shooting of pyrotechnics from
models.

Tony Stillman, President
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd