[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba and pattern

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Thu Dec 20 11:23:02 AKST 2007

My first thought won't make everyone happy because it will make a lot
of stuff obsolete but I think it is time to get rid of the analog
pulse width interface between the receiver and servos.  It is time for
a high speed computer bus so more information could be transferred at
a higher rate.  The servo should use a brushless motor and if possible
a stepper motor that would eliminate the need for a feedback pot.  In
other words a true digital servo.  It should run with a range of
voltages (7.2 to 9.0 volts) with no change in performance so no
voltage regulators would be required.  It should keep working, at a
noticeably slower rate,  from 7.2 down to 3.6 volts.  It should be
programmable so servos could be matched exactly at all positions.

Jim O