[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba FAQ Answer

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sat Dec 15 08:22:48 AKST 2007

I went to Futaba's Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.futaba-
rc.com/faq/faq-receivers-q923.html) and saw the following:

"I have heard that the R606FS receiver can be forced to work with the
TM-7 module. The 2.4GHz website states that they are not compatible,
how do you explain this?
While the R606FS and TM-7 module can be made to work together be a
series of steps, Futaba does not recommend this practice. Doing so
could be very dangerous if hit with interference or loss of battery
power as the receiver would not re-link on its own to the module
without the repeated series of steps."

Hmmm.  I was thinking of trying exactly that.  Guess I won't.  And
while on the subject, I wonder if/when Futaba puts out any new micro
FASST receivers, whether they will be compatible with their 7-channel
FASST transmitter module.

Ron Van Putte